Check out the newest publication from the Sandin Lab. Size-structural shifts reveal intensity of exploitation in coral reef fisheries, co-authored by Drs. Brian Zgliczynski and Stuart Sandin.
Download PDF here!
- Biomass spectra are robust indicators for examining the effects of fisheries.
- Reef fisheries often target only a subset size classes and trophic groups.
- Large-bodied top-predators are targeted most ubiquitously by fisheries.
- The breadth of exploitation is evidenced by biomass shifts in lower trophic groups.
- Multi-trophic group perspectives are necessary for managing coral reef fisheries.